[Weekly Reading Plans] May 26th, 2013

This week I have quite a few books I need to devour. I borrowed a total of five books from my English teacher during spring recess (which was...almost two months ago...) and have not finished a single one yet! I'd like to get 4/5 or 5/5 books read and returned to her by the end of the school year. I decided I may drop one of them, but the other 4 are game. So this week I plan on reading 1 of the 5 books I've borrowed.

But let's not jump ahead of ourselves! First, I would like to finish up Hate List by Jennifer Brown. This is our May book club pick, so I need to get going with this one. I wrote a summary of this one in my Friday Reads post, so if you're curious, click here to check it out! Here's a once sentence summary if you don't feel like clicking: a girl's boyfriend shoot up their high school based on the list both of them made and she's left to deal with the consequences.

Next, I also plan on finishing up a book I have been neglecting. I'm only thirty pages in to The 39 Deaths of Adam Strand by Gregory Galloway. This book, as you may be able to tell from the title, is about a man named Adam who tries, unsuccessfully, to commit s  uicide -- 39 times. He wakes up after each attempt confused as to how he's alive and frustrated that he can't seem to stay dead. I had previously put this book down, not because it was awful or anything, but because it wasn't exactly holding my interest. I shall try to change that this week. :)

Chains by Laurie Halse Anderson is a Revolutionary-War-era fictional book. It has to do with a girl named Isabel and her sister, Ruth, who are slaves and struggling to survive. There isn't much I can say about this book because I don't know much about it, but I thought it looked pretty good. (Plus it's one of the books I borrowed from my English teacher so I figured I'd finish it ASAP. ;D

And the last book I plan on reading (rather, starting) this week is Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone. This will be my first reread of the series. I will be joining ryanohrama and many other people in an event known as A Very Potter Summer (AVPS). We will be rereading the whole series and discussing each book, so feel free to join us all!

What will you be reading this week? Leave me a comment down below, I'd love to know! :)

Bis morgen!